Shop around, choose an Absolute Wooden Kayak kit.When considering
which kayak kit to buy, you probably ask yourself a few questions,
- What will this finished kayak be like? Will it be light enough to
be easily handled? Will it be a sea kayak that I'll truly enjoy paddling?
- Will I really be able to put this kayak kit together properly and
build a beautiful wooden kayak?
As you read on, we believe that you'll find that one of our kits will
more than satisfy your needs and allow you to build a kayak that you'll
be extremely proud of, especially when you can say "I built
Our wood kayak kits contain accurately precut wooden parts. Every panel
is cut out on a computer controlled cutting machine (CNC) to an accuracy
that only the computer can offer. Where panels must be joined, a specially
designed and incredibly strong finger joint, (Our tests demonstrate that
it's much better than a scarf joint) is already cut into the panels. This
ensures accurate alignment and considerable time saved. It looks great
|Photo of a Sea
Wolf kayak kit
| A list of items included in all of our kayak kits.
- Special seat and rudder
controls. Click here.
- Step by step Builder's Manual with assembly drawing and lots of illustrations.
- Complete seat system consists of 3" thick Minicell foam seat and hip
pads This is the arrangement recommended by the experts. Its custom
fitted to fit YOU.
- Formed Backrest with Minicell foam pad. Adjustable up, down, backwards
and forwards. Really comfortable.
- Fully adjustable foot brace system offers solid bracing and the
ability to be fitted to a rudder.
- Precision precut and accurately shaped fine mahogany hull and deck
- Side and bottom Panels are joined to full length using our exclusive
Finger Joint. This joint ensures accurate trouble free alignment. Its
incredibly strong too.
- Sheer clamps are all clear grain and warp free.
- Precut bulkheads are built in and completely sealed
- All joints are Precut.
- Two part cockpit coaming allows adjustment of width and length of
- Deck beams are completely precut to fit. These are engineered I beams.
The strongest and lightest possible.
- Hatch covers are built with doublers eliminating the need for formers
and ensuring a perfect fit. Hatch cover gaskets are also included.
- Hull shaping jigs and hatch cover jigs are included. You don't have
to make any.
- Fiberglass cloth and tape.
- Epoxy kit with pumps for hardener and resin . Wood flour and Cabosil
filler is also included.
- Copper stitch wire.
- All the hardware and fasteners you'll need for everything. All stainless
- Syringe.( For applying epoxy).
- All the deck rigging including webbing and buckles for hatch hold
downs, bungee for securing charts and paddles on deck, etc.
- AN EXCLUSIVE! We include the tubing and hardware for the rudder control
cables with neat brass outlets for a clean, neat installation. Install
this as you build and you'll be able to add a rudder anytime later without
taking anything apart.
- Additional plywood and special items to trim things out properly.
A carefully prepared builders manual.
The fully indexed and illustrated kayak Kit Builder's Manual will guide
you through each step with confidence and clarity. It includes over 75
pages of step by step detailed instructions with strategically positioned
illustrations for every step. You really can't go wrong. A well-written
and detailed kayak Kit Builder's Manual will make all the difference when
you're building. We truly believe that we have the best and most easily
understood manual in the business. The attention to detail in the manual
is the same attention to detail that you'll find in our kayak kits.
Here are a few examples of the illustrations that are in the Builder's
Absolute Wooden Kayaks.
3085 Harwood Blvd.
St. Lazare, Quebec J7T 2H7 Canada.
Tel: (514) 796-7400
E-mail for Information: firstname.lastname@example.org